Reporting to the Vice President of Data Science, Data Engineers at Lumiata are responsible for leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and innovative algorithms to create products that drive our business, and support the Data Science Organization. Data Engineers must be hands-on team members who are strong technically and collaborative.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Plan, design and grow our MLOps platform supporting healthcare data normalization, model training and inference serving.
- Create a platform to support our internal and customer facing data engineers and data scientists.
- Leverage your strong software engineering background to support our Python based machine learning platform from end to end.
- Properly document and report on progressively completed work and projects
- Work effectively both collaboratively and independently
- Work collaboratively with the data engineering team to maintain, optimize, operate and monitor our production systems.
- Simplify complex problems, organize complex solutions and achieve goals through iteration, experimentation and measurement, while paying close attention to maintaining YAGNI, KISS and DRY principles.
- Embody the company’s values in your day-to-day work
- You have contributed to the delivery of complex applications spanning the full ML operational lifecycle.
- You are organized and able to explain your work, your challenges, your solutions, and the nature of your questions
- You like and appreciate the entrepreneurial environment of an early-stage start-up
- At least a BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with Python, SQL and other modern programming languages.
- 2+ years as a software engineering team lead, architect or mentor
- Hands-on engineering experience with modern software stacks, cloud-based DaaS and SaaS platforms, and architectures
- Experience with modern development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience supporting teams doing ML model prototyping, training and productionalization.
- Experience with streaming and batch technologies such as Dask, Beam, Spark, etc.
- Experience in healthcare informatics and data
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Experience managing teams
- You are excited by the idea of using data to make the healthcare industry more efficient and effective.
Lumiata is a venture-backed company based in San Mateo, California inventing predictive analytics for healthcare leveraging the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our flagship Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) product suite, the Lumiata Matrix Suite, is an enterprise-grade, individual-to-population predictive analytics solution powered by AI. It enables the hyper-segmentation of vast amounts of patient data to predict which patient cohorts may be at highest risk for disease progression. Action-ready insights are returned to enterprise healthcare data analysts to enable more effective early-intervention strategies that lead to improved revenues, better patient outcomes and lower overall costs of healthcare delivery.